Monday, May 18, 2009

Booth Setup Redux - Art in the Arbor

As promised, I'm sharing another booth setup photo today.  This one is from my second outdoor show which was two weekends ago at Art in the Arbor in Louisville, KY.  I decided the walls needed a little jazzing up so I had a couple of photos of my pieces blown up and put them in poster frames on two sides of my booth.  I think the photos added a nice touch which made it easier for people to understand what I was selling without actually stepping into the booth.   I also decided to bring a few different accessories to mix it up a little bit.  In particular, I brought my 'wire lady' to hang one of my necklaces on.  She is such a good display that some people have even tried to buy her from me!   

All in all it was a good show and I was happy with the function of my booth setup but there are still a few things I'd like to tinker with.  I'll probably look to have a professional banner made with my shop name and some images of my work to hang across the back of the booth.  And I'm planning on cleaning up my artist's statement and framing it alongside some photos of my studio so that people can understand me and my process a little bit better.   What are some things that you've seen or done at art shows that you thought were particularly successful?  I'd love to hear about them in the comments section here!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I've only been to a few fairs as a vendor myself, but presentation is definitely key to making sales! I'd say a banner is always a nice way to get your name noticed!

    [inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
    [inkihandmade.etsy.com]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful booth!
    Do you have any mirrors for people to try on and admire your beautiful work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks esque and Anna! I do have two small hand mirrors but I got an idea from another artist that I think I'm going to try. She has a lovely wood framed mirror with two eyehooks screwed into the top of the frame and chains attaching it to the frame of her booth. It looked really nice and added a boutique feel to her booth!

    ReplyDelete